As an essential key worker, Smirthwaite engineers are fully kitted out with all the necessary government guideline PPE (as shown above) and will be following a COVID-19 specific set of risk assessment criteria and safe system of working guidelines.
Our safe system of working:
- The engineer will clean their hands thoroughly with specialist hand sanitiser and will put on a new set of PPE.
- No tools or equipment will be brought into your home until they are sanitised thoroughly.
- A Smirthwaite ID badge will be clearly worn and the engineer will arrive in a sign-written vehicle.
- A distance of no less than 2m will be kept between you and the engineer.
- What will be undertaken on the day will be explained to you fully by the engineer.
- Unfortunately, the engineer will not be able to accept refreshments.
- The work will be undertaken quickly, effectively and under strict CV-19 safe working practice guidelines.
Before we leave, we will:
- Ensure that the work has been carried out fully and correctly by undertaking rigorous testing.
- Explain to you what has been undertaken on the day – maintaining the recommended 2m social distancing.
- Fully decontaminate the area of works ensuring that every surface has been thoroughly cleaned with CV-19 eliminating chemicals.
- Remove all waste materials from your home.
- Wipe any surfaces that the engineer has made contact with when exiting your home using CV-19 eliminating chemical wipes.