In light of the rapidly changing situation in the UK and across the world, we are writing to advise the specific activities & measures we have put in place to ensure we continue to provide our usual high-quality products & services, whilst also protecting our; customers, staff, stakeholders, suppliers and our families.
Our accreditation and repair services are deemed by the NHS as ‘essential’ for the health and care markets. We are here to help, and we will continue to provide services to our customers in; long term care, community, education and homecare. At the time of writing, we have no concerns about an outbreak occurring at any of our offices, and we have had no confirmed cases amongst any of our people.
However, it is important that we are fully prepared as the situation in the UK continues to develop. As well as reinforcing good hygiene practices and appropriate distancing throughout the company, we have taken the following measures to ensure: employee wellbeing, business continuity and ongoing product/service provision:
Our business continuity team will ensure that the business continues to operate throughout the current pandemic.
- All offices are now occupied by essential personnel only, key workers are ‘agile’ and enabled to work from home. All showrooms are closed to external visitors until further notice.
- We have developed protocols that enable us to transfer activities between sites, should one or more sites become compromised. Our phone & IT systems are multisite and can be managed from any facility.
- All our field-based staff will comply with customer/client site access & HSQE protocols and adhere to our CV19 modified risk assessment protocols – whichever is the greater.
- Any member of staff, either office or field based who exhibits symptoms or whose immediate family exhibits symptoms will be required to seek medical advice and self-isolate as per HM Government advice.
- All international business-related travel has been stopped until further notice. UK business travel has been minimised.
Supply of product and services
- We can confirm continuity of supply of raw materials and components as well as imported finished goods. We currently enjoy good stock levels, and as a UK based manufacturer we have the ability and capacity to support our customers in the coming months.
- These ‘essential’ services will be provided in a compliant way that supports the safety and well-being of; our staff, our customers, their customers and all our families.
- Our field based commercial & customer services teams are there to help and ensure ongoing communication and action. They will respect our customers’ access and contact policies and continue to be available to support as required. All customers will have a minimum of three contact points to enable continuity.
- Regarding individual cities, towns and postcodes. It is not possible to predict where or how severe the impact of Corona Virus (Cv19) will be. Prism has the benefit of being a national company and has the ability to deploy additional engineers, installers and assessors from our UK team to temporarily support affected areas. This redeployment will be determined based on customer/client need.
- The wellbeing of our staff is paramount, and it is not expected that we carry out visits where the client has been to a heavily infected area recently, or if the user or other members of the household has suspected coronavirus.
These are unpredictable times and we are closely monitoring updates regarding the current pandemic and will align with any change in advice or guidance from either HM Government or the NHS. Our goal is to continue to support our customers, users, their carers & families through this challenging period.
Paul H Morton, Chief Commercial Officer, Prism Group.
19 March 2020